What Is a Travel MTE?
MTE in the travel industry stands for memorable travel experience.
A travel MTE is an experience that stands out as exceptional or delightful enough to be remembered long after the trip is over.
Reasons to Share Travel MTEs
When you share travel MTEs about amazing trips to your destination, you will increase bookings by:
• Explaining why your destination is worth visiting.
• Highlighting how travel is rewarding because of the opportunities it provides to meet and learn from people from many walks of life.
• Teaching your audience about the positive effects of sharing vacation experiences.
• Publishing emotionally charged details of your past clients' experiences at your destination.
How to Make Sure Your Customers Have Memorable Travel Experiences
You can help customers have memorable travel experiences when visiting your destination by:
• Developing an emotional attachment to your travel destination.
• Sending emails to build excitement around upcoming trips.
• Helping clients build relationships in the community.
• Encouraging them to travel to various local hot spots.
• Engaging with others and their cultures out of genuine curiosity.
• Supporting local businesses.
• Being kind to the locals.
• Helping clients immerse themselves in a foreign culture and emerge with a deeper knowledge of the host nation.
People crave positive MTEs. Travel agencies today try harder than ever to convert simple vacations into life-changing adventures. To produce MTEs, your destination needs:
1. Social contact
If your destination can provide all three of these aspects, you are sure to provide travelers with positive MTEs.
Traveling Tips for Great MTEs
• Carefully research your vacation spot.
• Go on mission trips.
• Make a donation to a good cause.
• Pay a visit to a charity.
• Hire tour guides.
• Buy from the local economy.
• Get lost in the local customs.
• Experience the outdoors and its creatures.
• Challenge your safety zone.
• Spend time with a loved one or go on a trip by yourself.
• Read books and blogs to prepare for a life-changing trip.
• Watch travel vlogs, documentaries and local films.
• Participate in Facebook discussion forums.
• Participate in virtual visits.
• Research the destination's most interesting facts.
• Go to a nearby family farm.
• Travel far and stay with locals.
• Join a local volunteer group.
• Take a long drive in your car.
• Conquer your apprehensions.
• Learn about the origins of the food you eat.
• Make use of local insight first.
• Use Google, friends and travel forums to do your homework before you go.
Are Your Ready to Share MTEs On Your Travel Website?